Parents and schools often benefit from consulting with a psychologist around a variety of issues and concerns. Consultations can help adults better understand children and their individual needs, guide interactions and interventions, help them make informed educational decisions, or determine appropriate treatment options.
Common Consultation Questions:
- Academic underachievement in bright children
- ADHD accommodations/interventions
- Addressing boredom/lack of school challenge for gifted children
- Classroom/home behavioral problems
- Eating disorder diagnosis and treatment recommendations
- Educational planning and resources for gifted children
- Parenting concerns
- Consulting with parents about prior testing
- School readiness and grade acceleration or retention decisions
- Selecting ‘good fit’ private schools and colleges
To find out more about my consultation services, please contact me.